NEED EXTRA INCOME? FLORIDA SUN PRINTING is looking for a P/T driver to deliver printed matter to various Postal Facilities and customers in Florida and Georgia.
Must be able to handle motorized or manual pallet jack as well as truck lift gate. DOT Physical and a clean driving record is required. CDL helpful but not necessary.
Flexible hours, starting pay $13.50/hour
Florida Sun Printing, 54024 Cravey Rd. Callahan, FL. Drug-free workplace, EOE. No phone calls.
POSITION: Driver (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Mail Supervisor
PAY TYPE: Hourly PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Ensure customer deliveries and pick-ups at company’s request. Maintains integrity of the load and adheres to safety regulations of the Department of Transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives the company truck to make deliveries to customers and to transport material to and from the plant.
• Loads and unloads materials on and off the truck.
• Makes sure that all loads are secure before driving.
• Obtains, prepares and checks all paper work required for deliveries.
• Obtains written receipt for all products delivered to include person’s signature, date delivered, and total count.
• Completes all required paperwork in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Notifies Florida Sun Printing CSR’s with any customer problems that may occur.
• Direct truck loaders on loading and unloading to obtain maximum efficiency.
• Performs the duties of helper if needed.
• Completes all daily and monthly maintenance on vehicles according to schedule.
• Keeps vehicles neat and clean at all times.
• Maintain current copy of driver’s license and insurance information.
• Maintains daily driver logs and safety sheets as required.
• Adheres to all safety and/or environmental rules and regulations at all times.
• Checks vehicles for safety defects prior to departure.
• Insures that only authorized, Florida Sun Printing, employees ride in the trucks.
• Maintains a professional, clean and polite demeanor with all customers and their representatives.
• Ensures pickup and deliveries are done in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior truck loading experience preferred.
• Ability to obey traffic laws and be a safe and courteous driver.
• Ability to read road and street maps.
• Ability to use a pallet jack.
• Must be quality and service-oriented for representing the company on the road.
• Must meet all current requirements dictated by the state Department of Transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
• Associate is required to stoop. The associate must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is intended to be a general summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be a full and complete account of every job duty and responsibility of the incumbent. All employees are expected to follow the instructions of their immediate supervisor as long as such following of instructions does not put any employee in a dangerous situation or violate any ethical business practice.
Click for more information